- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Core Values are principles of life and healthcare
delivery that guide us in our operations and interactions with people. At
Respect, Honesty, Reliability, Patient Advocacy, Client-centered Service
HISTORY - Where We've Been
The Animal Hospital of Largo continues to evolve into a state of the art veterinary hospital which practices the highest quality medicine and surgery. At the Animal Hospital of Largo we offer exceptional patient health advocacy and exceptional client service.
VISION - Where We're Are Going
- Create a client-centered, staff driven model for patient advocacy that is the standard for our community
- Provide a modern, well equipped, efficient facility that meets the increasing technological needs of our patients
- Value staff with empowerment, ongoing education, strong core values, and a commitment to balance work and life
- Our practice is located at
- Our busy, small animal hospital prides itself on meeting the high expectations of our clientele with high-quality compassionate care for their companion pets. The Animal Hospital of Largo has developed a reputation for strong internal medicine and preventative care programs. We are equipped with a wide variety of diagnostic, patient monitoring, anesthetic, surgical and dental equipment and make annual equipment upgrades based on the needs defined by our staff and our practice vision. We can utilize in-house lab work to determine treatment and pre-surgical care, as well as utilize commercial laboratories for complex work-ups, pathology and microbiology. Proactive pain management, wellness, dentistry programs and behavioral counseling are other dimensions of our service. We also retain several board-certified specialists for referral of our advanced medical and surgical cases. The Animal Hospital of Largo is a full service hospital providing the highest quality medicine and laser surgery; a privately held practice that offers clients the hospitality and personalized service no longer offered at larger, corporately owned practices.
- To support our surgical and medical care, we utilize a 12-run and 20- cage/2-ward, air conditioned/heated animal holding and boarding facility. We are not open to public boarding; however, we do offer general boarding to current and established clients as a client service.
- The Animal Hospital of Largo is proud of the quality of
its doctors and their embrace of our core values and vision. The current Medical Director is Michael R. Banull D.V.M. Dr. Banull has been in private practice since 1997. Dr. Banull was a silent partner
in a large practice in downtown
- Dr. Stephanie Jourdenais, Associate Veterinarian. Dr. "J" as we like to call her, graduated from the University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine in 2011. She immediately joined us here and has a special interest in Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology. Currently Dr. J is enrolled at the Chi Institute, a world renowned center for Chinese Medicine, to earn her veterinary acupuncture certification. Dr. J is also therapy laser certified and surgical laser trained. She also handles our husbandry needs for our feathered patients!
- Hospital Coordinator Aimee Reed BS
- Aimee holds a bachelor's of science degree in Zoology from
- Assistant Coordinator Linda Miles CVT, BS, MSA
- Linda has been with the hospital for 6 years as a technical assistant. She is endorsed by the National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors and was a partner in a pet manners dog training school. Linda is also active in pet therapy.
- Clinic hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:30pm (Dr. Hours by appointment only) and Saturdays 8:00am - 12:00pm or until the last appointment is seen. We utilize an emergency veterinary clinic for after-hours emergency and holiday coverage.
FUTURE DIRECTIONS / FUTURE PROJECTS
- Expansion of inpatient zones (surgery, dentistry, treatment, imaging, laboratory, pharmacy, and animal holding areas) and outpatient facelift BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY.
- Staff Expansion, training, and leadership mentoring BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY.
- Lecture and wet lab series for Pfizer Animal Health, teaching other veterinarians proper sedation and tranquilization techniques.
- Client quarterly-yearly newsletters, open house seminars, and community outreach programs.
- "The Pet
We look forward to a long and healthy friendship with your pets and your entire family, and to continuing our excellent reputation in our community.